Tuesday 25 August 2015

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros

'First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros' is a meme hosted by Diana from http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.in, where book lovers share the first paragraph from a book they are reading!

Currently reading: My Heart & Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga
First paragraph:
Music, especially classical music, especially Mozart's Requiem Mass in D Minor, has kinetic energy. If you listen hard enough, you can hear the violin's bow trembling above the strings, ready to ignite the notes. To set them in motion. And once the notes are in the air, they collide against one another. They spark. They burst.

As a person who loves playing music, I can really connect with this paragraph. The detailed description enchants and captures the reader. I am about 20 pages into the book and I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far!

Sonia x

P.S If you enjoyed this post, please follow for more!

14 comments:

  1. Oh, I loved this excerpt...it definitely pulls me in. Great photo of you holding the book.

    Here's mine: “ONE MOMENT, ONE MORNING”


    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the imagery! I would definitely keep reading. I do love music, although I can't say I am much of a musician myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful description in the opening. The book's title makes me curious about the black hole of her heart. I'd keep reading to find out what that means.
    My Tuesday post features SAMUEL & SOPHIA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the opening, so I'd keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the words are lovely. My husband's stepfather was a music professor and this reminds me of some of the things that he says. I'd definitely keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the bit you shared so I'd keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sonia, thanks for joining us this week. I like the intro a lot.

    ReplyDelete