Sunday 12 July 2015

Say What?

Sometimes a certain phrase, sentence or word in a book stands out to me, and I want to remember it forever. My choosing of these quotations can be for many reasons. Sometimes I pick them based on whether I think they represent the meaning of the book sufficiently, and thus reflects what I think the book is trying to achieve. On the other hand, I sometimes pick them because I enjoy their meaning, which therefore reflects me as a person.

Once a week I will pick a book I have read, and share my favourite quotes from it!


We Were Liars by E. Lockhart


'He was contemplation and enthusiasm. Ambition and strong coffee. I could have looked at him forever' page 24


'We were warm and shivering, and young and ancient, and alive' page 29


'It is possible people are curious about us because we do not show them our hearts' page 78


'This island is ours. Here, in some way, we are young forever' page 182



(Picture taken from google images)
Sonia x

P.S This post will be made into a series. I will pick different books each time! So please follow my blog if you enjoyed this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment