Wednesday 22 July 2015

Waiting on Wednesday

'Waiting On Wednesday' is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine. It spotlights upcoming releases that book lovers are eagerly anticipating! I chose:

The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett

Good Reads Summary: 
A mysterious graffiti artist, an anatomy-obsessed artist, and a night bus that will bring the two together.

Artist Beatrix Adams knows exactly how she's spending the summer before her senior year. Determined to follow in Da Vinci’s footsteps, she's ready to tackle the one thing that will give her an advantage in a museum-sponsored scholarship contest: drawing actual cadavers. But when she tries to sneak her way into the hospital’s Willed Body program and misses the last metro train home, she meets a boy who turns her summer plans upside down.

Jack is charming, wildly attractive . . . and possibly one of San Francisco’s most notorious graffiti artists. On midnight buses and city rooftops, Beatrix begins to see who Jack really is—and tries to uncover what he’s hiding that leaves him so wounded. But will these secrets come back to haunt him? Or will the skeletons in Beatrix’s own family’s closet tear them apart?


Expected Publication: 3rd November 2015


Picture taken from: http://www.jennbennett.net/books/young-adult-books

My first thought when I discovered this book was 'what an unusual title for a YA book; I must read it.' Reading the synopsis made me even more curious because it intertwines themes which interest me. For example, the protagonist sounds like a loveable character with her passion for art. Towards the end of the review, it is suggested that there may be a dark side to this novel. This is a topic that has always enthralled me when reading. 

Sonia x

7 comments:

  1. Oou, this sounds good! Something about artistic protagonists always draws me in for some reason. I'll have to check it out as well!

    Here's My WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your WoW, I've left a comment! I also love your blog! I've followed you and I would love it if you could follow me too! :D

      Delete
  2. I like the art element!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I love your WoW; I commented on it :)

      Delete
  3. This does sound interesting. I read and loved Graffiti Moon, but this seems a good bit different from it. I still might have to check it out! Hope you enjoy!

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Riders sounds awesome and I love the front cover! I've followed you via google+ :)

      Delete