Thursday 23 July 2015

Thirsty Thursday & Hungry Hearts

A meme hosted by (un)Conventional BookViews where book lovers share some food and / or drink quotes. 


'I think love is caramel. Sweet and fragant; always welcome. It is the gentle golden colour of a setting harvest sun; the warmth of a squeezed embrace; the easy melting of two souls into one and a taste that lingers even when everything else has melted away. Once tasted it is never forgotten'
(Picture taken from Google)
- Welcome to Rosie Hopkins' Sweet Shop of Dreams by Jenny Colgan

What a beautiful section! The clever and unique description, intertwining love and caramel provides magic to the novel. The use of senses such as sight and touch emphasises the idea that love beautifully engulfs one self. It leaves the reader not only wanting to experience love but also wanting to head to the nearest supermarket and getting some caramel!

Sonia x

P.S If you enjoyed this post, please follow my blog for more!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that! I love the description and the comparison. I can tell this is written by a talented writer :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Now following you via Bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I followed you via bloglovin too :)

      Delete
  2. That's a delicious quote! Thanks for participating! Now I want a caramel AND a hug :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for creating this unique meme! :)

      Delete
  3. I love this book. I think Colgan's books with recipes are some of the loveliest things to read. If only I could bake those recipes!

    ReplyDelete