Wednesday 8 July 2015

What is Sleep?

I am currently a quarter way through The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins, and I am already in love with this book! I find myself awake until 5am reading, not knowing what sleep is anymore. This psychological thriller follows the story of Rachel who takes the same train every morning. Every day she notices the same married couple who live in a house where the train stops at a signal. One day, the wife goes missing. When Rachel finds out, she cannot shake off the feeling that she can help in someway. Maybe she is more involved then she knows...

Favourite quote so far:
'My head leaning against the carriage window, I watch these houses roll past me like a tracking shot in a film.' - Rachel, page 12
I love to travel on trains, especially during autumn.  There's something quite peaceful about watching the world go by through a misty window. Therefore, Rachel's detailed description of train rides right at the beginning of the book, brought out a nostalgic emotion from me. I knew from that moment that I would adore this book.

Time to get back to this gripping and addictive novel! I will continue to update you on my thoughts!




Sonia x

2 comments:

  1. I have an eReader, too! I flippin' love it, man. I love owning paper books and reading them at home or by the pool but my Kindle is so handy. Honestly, I love both paper and eBooks equally, I think. I know that's weird to a lot of peeps.

    I love seeing the books on my shelves but I love reading my backlit Kindle at night. How about you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! I love owning paper books too and they look so pretty on my bookshelf. However, a kindle is so much more convenient, especially when travelling!

      Delete